Privacy and Data Protection
Arran Aromatics Ltd (trading as ARRAN Sense of Scotland) (we, us, our) is a registered data controller under the terms of data protection legislation, and we are responsible for protecting the personal data we gather about you. Details of our notification to the data protection regulator may be found in the Information Commissioner’s Office Public Register of Data Controllers at ico.org.uk under registration number ZA766045.
When you place an order for goods we will request your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, contact number, company name (if relevant) and payment details. If you do not provide us with the fields which are marked with an asterisk in the order form we will not be able to process your order. You do not need to fill in the fields which do not have an asterisk (such as your company name and telephone number) but it will help us to process your order if you do. Our website will work best if you sign up for an account with us rather than checking out as a guest as for example we will be able to display details of your previous orders.
We will only ever process your information if we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases we rely on are;
- Contract – This is where we process your information to fulfil a contractual arrangement we have made with you.
- Consent – This is where we have asked you to provide explicit permission to process your data for a particular purpose.
- Legitimate Interests - This is where we rely on our interests as a reason for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way.
- Legal Obligation – This is where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information, such as for the investigation of crime or to meet responsible lending criteria.
When you register for an account and shop with us we start to keep you up to date with news of products and services including store events, offers, promotions and sale information, unless you tell us you don’t want us to through your account or using the link in every email that we send to you.
When we send you communications we use records of how you interact with our website and any other marketing we’ve sent to you, along with purchase history, to tailor the messages to include information you are most likely to be interested in.
We use your account information to notify you about important service messages, such as material changes to this policy, product recalls or information about your account.
- ask for more information than necessary in order to carry out the activities described above
- store information for longer than is necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected
- disclose any of your personal details to any third party other than those engaged in processing or storing data on our behalf.
(Please note, we reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement officials and have no legal liability for such disclosures.)
How long do we store your personal data for?
We only store your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes listed in paragraph 3.
- Access to your personal data: You may request access to a copy of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw: Where you have given your consent for us to use your personal data you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us using the details located at section 13 of this policy if you would like to withdraw your consent and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure at 7.4 below.
- Rectification: You may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below and provide the updated information or log on to your profile at slaters.co.uk and update your information.
- Erasure: You may ask us to delete your personal data. If you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below, specifying why you would like us to delete your personal data.
- Portability: You may ask us to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to our customer services team directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and/or to a supervisory authority, for the UK this is the Information Commissioner's Office, at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
Getting Access To Your Data or Changing Your Consent
If at any time you wish to view the personal data we have stored about you, correct any inaccuracies or you want to withdraw previously given consent for any reason, please contact email@example.com or contact us.
Ordering online at arran.com is safe. We use encryption technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that only authorised parties can read the data you submit. Look out for the padlock symbol in the address bar whenever you are asked to submit any personal data and notice the address change from http://www to https://www.
These are both signs that the site is secure. Registered customers may be asked to submit additional information. This saves you re-entering information each time you make a purchase and enables us to offer suitable special offers and services. Registered customer information is stored safely behind our firewall. We do not store any customer credit card details.
Should you have any further questions relating to security at the Arran Aromatics Ltd Web Shop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
www.arran.com places cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. This is standard practice for all websites. Cookies are essential for helping us deliver a high quality website and online experience for our users, and some collect information about browsing behaviour. By using and browsing the Arran Aromatics Ltd website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
What are cookies?
What cookies are set?
The website itself sets a session cookie named 'PHPSESSID', while two system cookies named 'external_no_cache' and 'frontend' are required by our ecommerce system. Google Analytics ( a web traffic analytics system ) sets a number of cookies labelled __utma, __utmb, __utmc and __utmz.
What are the cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies on this website are used for are:-
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website.
- To enable us to collect information about the browsing activities of visitors, including to monitor the traffic sources, browsers & devices used to access the website as well as pages visited.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
Click on the "privacy" tab
Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
Click on the icon "privacy"
Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"
What happens if I disable cookies?
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.