Few things in life compare to lighting a candle after the end of a long day. Enriched with essential oils and natural extracts to help you unwind and relax, our hand-poured scented candles have been proudly made and inspired by the natural beauty of the Isle of Arran for over three decades.
Looking for advice on how to look after your scented candle? Look no further. Discover our top tips and expert advice to help ensure your candles burn for longer and create a warm, welcoming atmosphere in any corner of your home.
How to Store your Candle
1. Begin by removing your ARRAN candle from its presentation tin. Did you know, each and every one of our home fragrance tins are made using 100% recycled material and are widely available to recycle?
2. Place your candle in a spacious, well-ventilated room, ensuring that the candle is positioned away from drafts, radiators or fans which can leave black marks (otherwise known as sooting) on the candle glass.
Did you know... each and every one of our home fragrance tins are made using 100% recycled material and are widely available to recycle?
How to Care for Candle Wicks
1. Before lighting your candle, it's important to remember to trim the wick to 5mm. This helps to create a more even burn throughout the life of the candle and prevents high flames or smoking.
2. Keep the pool of wax clear from any debris, as this can act as a secondary wick and reduce the burn time of the candle.
How to Burn your Candle
1. We recommend burning 35cl candles for two - four hours at a time, until the wax pools to the edges. This helps to ensure an even burn throughout the life of the candle and helps to prevent 'tunneling', which leaves an area of wax around the sides of the candle jar and can reduce the maximum burn time.
2. Ensure you stop burning your candle when there is still a small amount of wax remains at the bottom of the glass, around 10mm, as this stops the glass jar from overheating.
Did you know... The glass jars in our candles can be reused? Try 'upcycling' yours into a pot for indoor plants, a new glass for your kitchen or a storage jar for odds and ends in your home!
Over to You...
Don't just take our word for it, discover why our tried and trusted scented candles are 5-Star rated by you.
The candle, when lit, leaves a nostalgic aroma throughout the house reminding us of contented, if frequently wet, days in Arran!